Please join us in one of the following press events!
- Portland: July 9th @ 11:30 AM- Northwest Health Foundation (221 NW 2nd Ave #300, Portland)
- Salem: July 9th @ 11:00 AM- State Capitol (900 Court Street, Salem)
- Eugene: July 9th @ 11:30 AM- Wayne Morse Free Speech Plaza (125 E 8th Ave, Eugene OR)
- Bend: July 9th @ 11:00 AM- In Front of DA's Office (1160 NW Bond St Bend)
- Medford: July 7th @ 10:00 AM- Oregon Education Association (2495 S Pacific Hwy, Medford, OR 97501)
This event is being organized by Oregon Ready and the Oregonians United Against Profiling Campaign
As you all know OFIR has until this Friday, July 6th @ 5 PM to submit the 88,000+ signatures needed to qualify for the November ballot.
While we are hoping they don't have enough signatures, we are also planning a statewide press kickoff on July 9th if they do turn in enough signatures. The goal of the press events on Monday, July 9th is to announce the formation of the Oregonians United Against Profiling campaign, drive our message in the press, and shape reporters' perceptions of the campaign. We will have speakers and would like a nice assortment of people behind them to show their support.